The Gothaer Group is one of the largest insurance groups in Germany and one of the first nationwide mutual insurers in Germany with
- Almost 200 years of insurance expertise
- Strong focus on the individual needs of its clients and customers
Gothaer Versicherungsbank VVaG is the Gothaer Group parent-company, under whose umbrella act all other entities in the group:
- Gothaer Allgemeine AG
- Gothaer Lebensversicherung AG
- Gothaer Krankenversicherung AG
- Janitos Versicherung AG
- Gothaer Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen S.A.),
- Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari
The Gothaer Group has been shaping the German insurance market with innovative solutions for almost 200 years,
- Offering non-life, life and health insurance products;
- Developing intelligent and flexible risk and financial concepts;
- Simple, yet powerful positioning: with flexible products and services that go beyond straight insurance, Gothaer is a particularly service-driven operator, individual problem solver and an efficient quick-response enterprise.
A success story
- Over 4.1 million insured members
- Gross premium income of over 4.51 billion euro, more than double of the entire Romanian insurance market
- Assets in excess of 28.13 billion euro
- Lines of business
- Property & Casualty
- Asset management
- Risk management advisory
2011 the year when Gothaer expansion outside Germany borders started.
- In 2011, the Gothaer announces its presence in Central and Eastern European (in short: CEE) markets through the acquisition of the Polish Insurer PTU (Polskie Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen S.A.), now Gothaer TU. Gothaer is also opening to European markets through its involvement in the European insurance association Eurapco.
- In 2012, Gothaer takes a second step in its expansion into CEE markets, in Romania, by aquiring 67 per cent of Platinum Asigurari Reasigurari.
- Dr. Karsten Eichmann – president of the Gothaer Management Board and responsible for human resources
- Dr. Mathias Bühring-Uhle – Chief Information Officer
- Michael Kurtenbach – responsible for the section Gothaer Health and Life Insurance
- Thomas Leicht – responsible for Non-life Insurance
- Harald Epple – responsible for Asset Management
- Oliver Brüβ – responsible for Sales and Marketing
- Oliver Schoeller – Chief Operating Offices
More information: http://www.gothaer.de/ueber-uns/konzern/info/vorstand.htm
About Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari
Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari proposition aims at a higher standard in term of quality of products and services offered to clients with the experience and know-how of Gothaer supporting the local expertise.
With currently over 200 employees and premiums of 81.989.892 Mil. Lei in 2015, the company aims at becoming a key player in the non-life-Romanian insurance market.
The company sells its products via local offices in Bucharest and other major cities in Romania, as well as via independent brokers and agents, but also online, via www.gothaer.ro.
Gothaer Finanzholding AG holds 99,9989% of Gothaer Asigurari Reasigurari shares, the rest of shares of 0,0011% being held by Gothaer Pensionskasse.